Turn any remote control into a power switch for your Raspberry Pi model A or B
This item is IN STOCK.
The RemotePi Board 2015 is an intelligent infrared remote controlled power switch add-on board specifically designed for the Raspberry Pi Rev. 2 Model A or B. It is mainly intended to remote control and power off/on a mediacenter system. i.e OpenELEC, Raspbmc, XBian, RasPlex, Raspbian. You do not even have to buy an additional remote !
- New : Illuminated pushbutton. Button glows red on standby and lights up when pressed.
- Use almost any remote to safely power your Raspberry Pi on and off. Raspberry Pi is completely cut off.
- Use the remote to control the user interface of OpenElec, Raspbmc, Raspbian, ...
- Easy to install, fully assembled, no soldering required
- Piggy backs onto the Raspberry Pi Rev. 2 model A or B, no loose cables (for this variant with internal IR and LED)
No Raspberry Pi hardware modifications required
- Does not occupy a USB port
- Very small footprint due to the use of SMD components
- Long range infrared receiver (rated 45 meters)
- Over-current and transient voltage protection on board (polyfuse + transient voltage suppressor)
- Version with external IR-receiver and LED for case mount available here
- Power pad on the RemotePi Board PCB, you can solder external power cables
- GPIO connector is only partly covered, this leaves pins free for other applications
- In addition to the pushbutton or using a remote, invoke power-shutdown from script or program
- Firmware is user-upgradable !
This variant of the RemotePi Board + has the IR receiver and LED integrated on the board. It is also available in another variant with the IR receiver and LED connected to the PCB by an extension cable.
We now have an Acrylic Case for the RemotePi Board 2015 and Raspberry Pi Model B available as well here .
Please note :
This RemotePi Board 2015 does not fit the newer Raspberry Pi Model A+ or B+ or Raspberry Pi 2, it is designed for the older Raspberry Pi Rev. 2 model A or B. These Raspberry Pi models can be identified, if there are only two mounting holes on the Raspberry Pi, not four. Then this RemotePi Board 2015 will fit.
For the Raspberry Pi Model A+, B+ or Raspberry Pi 2 please use the Remote Pi Board Plus 2015.