RemotePi Board for Pi 3
RemotePi Board for Pi 3
Turn any remote control into a power switch for your Raspberry Pi 3
This item is IN STOCK.
Imagine an easier, more convenient way to use your Raspberry Pi media center, simply switching it on and off with a button of your remote, removing the annoyance to unplug power connectors or having to leave it on all the time.
The RemotePi Board is an intelligent infrared remote controlled power switch add-on board specifically designed for the Raspberry Pi 3, it is mainly intended to remote control and power off/on a media center system. i.e LibreElec, OpenELEC, OSMC, XBian, RasPlex, Raspbian, etc. You do not even have to buy an additional remote !
This version of the RemotePi Board can also be used with the Raspberry Pi 2, B+ or A+ under certain circumstances. Please read the comments on our RemotePi Board Compatibility Matrix page for more information.
- You can use almost any remote to safely power your Raspberry Pi on and off. Raspberry Pi is completely cut off.
- Use the remote to control the user interface of LibreElec, OpenElec, OSMC, RasPlex, XBian, ...
- Easy to install, fully assembled, no soldering required
- Piggybacks onto the Raspberry Pi 3, no loose cables (for this variant with internal IR and LED)
- No Raspberry Pi hardware modifications required
- Does not occupy a USB port
- Very small footprint due to the use of SMD components
- Long range infrared receiver (rated 45 meters)
- Over-current and transient voltage protection on board (2.6 A polyfuse + transient voltage suppressor)
- Version with external IR-receiver and LED for case mount available here
- Power pad on the RemotePi Board PCB, you can solder external power cables
- GPIO connector is only partly covered, this leaves pins free for other applications (for example I2C is available for other applications)
- In addition to the pushbutton or using a remote, you can invoke power-shutdown from script or program
- Illuminated pushbutton. Button glows red on standby and lights up when pressed.
- Firmware is user-upgradable !
- The RemotePi Board is customizable ! Power-on LED is too bright for you ? Dim it ! Do you want the RemotePi Board to automatically switch on the RaspberryPi after a pre-defined time ? Set the power-on timer ! There are many more options to customize your RemotePi Board, see the configuration tool page for details.
This variant of the RemotePi Board for Pi 3 has the IR receiver and LED integrated on the board. It is also available in another variant with the IR receiver and LED connected to the PCB by an extension cable.
We also have a GPIO adapter available, which could be useful, if you plan to use the RemotePi Board together with another Raspberry Pi add-on board, for example an audio card.