RemotePi Board for Pi 4
RemotePi Board for Pi 4
Turn any remote control into a power switch for your Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
Our shop is now closed, please see more information here.
Imagine an easier, more convenient way to use your Raspberry Pi media center, simply switching it on and off with a button of your remote, removing the annoyance to unplug power connectors or having to leave it on all the time.
The RemotePi Board is an intelligent infrared remote controlled power switch add-on board specifically designed for the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, it is mainly intended to remote control and power off/on a media center system. i.e LibreElec, OpenELEC, OSMC, RasPlex, Raspbian, Volumio, RetroPie, Recalbox, etc. You do not even have to buy an additional remote !
This newest version of the RemotePi Board can also be used with the Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3B, Pi 2B, P 1B+ or Pi 1A+ under certain circumstances. Please read the comments on our RemotePi Board Compatibility Matrix page for more information.
- You can use almost any IR remote to safely power your Raspberry Pi on and off. Power to the Raspberry Pi is completely cut off
- Use the remote to control the user interface of LibreElec, OpenElec, OSMC, RasPlex, Volumio, RetroPie, Recalbox, ...
- Easy to install, fully assembled, no soldering required
- Piggybacks onto the Raspberry Pi, no loose cables (for this variant with internal IR and LED)
- No Raspberry Pi hardware modifications required
- Does not occupy a USB port
- Very small footprint due to the use of SMD components
- Long range infrared receiver (rated 45 meters)
- Transient overvoltage protection on board (transient voltage suppressor)
- Version with external IR-receiver and LED for case mount available here
- Power pad on the RemotePi Board PCB, you can solder external power cables
- GPIO connector is only partly covered, this leaves pins free for other applications
- In addition to the pushbutton or using a remote, you can invoke power-shutdown from script or program
- Illuminated pushbutton. Button glows red on standby and lights up when pressed
- Firmware is user-upgradable !
- The RemotePi Board is customizable ! Power-on LED is too bright for you ? Dim it ! Do you want the RemotePi Board to automatically switch on the RaspberryPi after a pre-defined time ? Set the power-on timer ! There are many more options to customize your RemotePi Board, see the configuration tool page for details
- Comes with screw and nuts for mounting on Raspberry Pi
- New : Improved power connection reliability, the RemotePi Board for Pi 4 features a USB-C connector for power, the same as the Raspberry Pi 4B
- New : The RemotePi Board for Pi 4 can handle much higher currents than the earlier RemotePi Boards, more than enough for the full 3A current provided by the USB-C power supply. We recommend using the official Raspberry Pi 4 power supply
- New : The board has a 2 pin PH2.0 connector to power an optional 5V fan. The fan is only running, when the Raspberry Pi is on. We have a matching fan available here, and also offer an acrylic case with a built-in fan here
This variant of the RemotePi Board for Pi 4 has the IR receiver and LED integrated on the board. It is also available in another variant with the IR receiver and LED connected to the PCB by an extension cable
We also offer a GPIO adapter, which could be useful, if you plan to use the RemotePi Board together with another Raspberry Pi add-on board, for example an audio DAC.
Please check out the RemotePi Board Compatibility Matrix to verify that you have selected the matching RemotePi Board for your Raspberry Pi Model.
This RemotePi Board is compatible with the following accessories :
- Open Case with Fan for RemotePi Board for Pi 4B
- Fan for RemotePi Board for Pi 4
- Open Case for RemotePi Board for Pi 4B, Pi 3B+, Pi 3B, Pi 2B and Pi 1B+
- GPIO Adapter